Financial Independence Flow Chart
What should I do with my money and when?
I’ll admit it is kind of a misnomer to call this a Choose Your Own Adventure when we all hopefully end up at same destination in this journey: financial independence. Personal Finance might be more like a role playing game main plot in that sense but as a millennial, it made more sense to compare it to the iconic book style of my childhood. I present the financial independence flow chart.
How this is going to work
I plan to post an article each week as we work our way down the flowchart to the blog and archive them as I go along to this page on the site.
You should expect the following from each post:
- An explanation of the decision to be made at this step
- The choices on where to go next
- My advice on the step, where applicable
- A personal anecdote on how I handled this step, when possible
The Steps from start to financially independent
- Introduction & First Steps
- Building a Safety Net
- Stop Paying Others
- Saving For the Future
- End game
- Retire early vs other goals
- What does retirement mean?